Monday, November 5, 2012

VA Creeper Trail

This past weekend I went to Virginia with Brad and his family. This vacation has been added to the list as one of my favorites! It was such a relaxing weekend with lots of great memories.
 
To those who don't already know the VA Creeper Trail is a 34 mile long trail starting in Abingdon, VA, traveling through Damascus, Virginia, and ending near the Whitetop Station right at the Virginia-North Carolina border. Brad, his family and I started in Damascus and biked 17 out of the 34 mile trail. I can't descirbe how beautiful it was! Starting at the top we went through lots of snow covering the trails, bridges covered in snow, having to get on and off the bike just to make it across. Somewhere along the way we stopped to take this picture and it captures the beauty of the sky and mountians that we got to see along the way. 
 
If you haven't traveled the Creeper Trail before you have got to do it! With this being the second time I have gone I can say that this past time was my favorite. Even though it was difficult making it on bikes through the snow and past the fallen branches along the way, the scenery was amazing! 
 
 
 


Have you ever been on the Creeper Trail? If you have what did you think about it?

No comments:

Post a Comment